Generations United’s Grand Things You Can Do to Bring Generations to the Table!
- Encourage your friends and family, or help them, swap their social media profile or cover photos with one that includes their grandparents and/or grandchildren and keep it up throughout the week.
- If you’re in or near Chicago on Grandparents Day, treat a “grand” to a dessert at a participating Chicagoland Culver’s. Snap a photo with them and post it to #GrandparentsDayCulversWay! For each hashtagged Instagram photo, they’ll donate $1 to help support Generations United’s work. Learn more.
- Get inspired by Eden Project Communities’ The Big Lunch and start sharing food with your young and old neighbors. Learn more.
- Take Action Guide Idea #1: Volunteer with your grandchild or grandfriend at a community kitchen.
- Take Action Guide Idea #3: Use Feeding America’s database to locate your local food bank and get involved with a grandchild.
- Take Action Guide Idea #4: Connect with grandchildren or a grandfriend by cooking together.
- Check this page frequently as we’ll include additional grand things you can do!